Winter is most definitely here, and it’s time to dust off the heaters from the garage and put them to work. However, as we strive to keep electricity costs down and be more energy efficient, it’s worth considering which type of portable electrical heater will suit your needs best. Let’s take a look at some of the home heating options on the market.
Fan Heaters are small making them the most portable out of all the electric heaters on the market. The projection of hot air from the fan will heat a room quickly and evenly, although when on high settings they can be a bit noisy.
- Isons have 3 fan heaters on sale in our latest catalogue, Both come with 2 heat settings, overheating protection & safety tip-over switch.
Oil-filled Column Heaters
As the name suggests, these heaters have oil sealed inside their columns which is heated and transferred to the casing. They take a bit longer to warm up a room than most other types of heating, so are most effective when you are heating a room for an extended period or overnight. Safe to operate unattended.
- Isons have a 5 Fin Oil Column Heater available at an incredible price. Featuring 3 heat settings, power indicator light, cord tidy and castor wheels for easy transportation.
Relatively cheap to run, radiant heaters can sit on the floor or be wall mounted. They are not the best at heating the air in a room but do provide instant heat if you are sitting in front of them.
- You can buy a radiant heater from Isons this winter. Get instant radiant heat as well as safety cut-out, safety tip-over switch and castor wheels.
Portable and light, convector heaters are also affordable. They work by drawing cold air over an electric heating element. The warmed air then rises to the ceiling so it’s best to use the fan setting so the room heats up evenly.
- If you are looking for a bargain, you can’t go past our 2000W Convector Heater with easy carry handles and 3 heat settings. On Sale Now.
Panel Heaters are thin, flat and long. They can be freestanding or wall mounted and are most effective when you use the fan setting. Heating is quick and even and can be enhanced with the use of a ceiling fan on low speed.
- Featured panel heater – Our Goldair 2400W electric panel heater comes with adjustable thermostat, 24-hour timer, castor wheels and the option of being freestanding or wall mounted.
As always, the best way to keep costs down is only to use a heater when you need to and don’t set your thermostat too high. Each degree you turn up = 10% more energy use.
Isons have portable electric heaters available at Nowra, South Nowra and Sanctuary Point. Our Huskisson store will happily get stock from our other stores, and all stores can order heaters if the one you want happens to be out of stock.